Saturday, April 9, 2011

"What do you do, when all you wanna do.. is say Fuck youuuuu to Everybody?!" (sing along now..)


Quite a sea of discontent and anger this week at work. We are understaffed and overextended, mercury is in retro-grade and customers are vulturous. I'm an avid practitioner of yoga and this all consuming darkness is rather disturbing. I've been fed up and overwhelmed with anger.  I recognize that part of this is due to the establishment I work for. They, and their customers, take advantage of their employees, and well I've had enough and last night, as much as I tried to use my yoga skills, softening my eyes, thinking of flowing with grace, I couldn't stuff the anger and disdain toward their behavior. If you were to tip me 10% last night, you couldn't get away with it without being held accountable. Hell no, its not ok to tip 10% because you thought the food was overpriced. You chose to eat here, and Fuck you. I make $5. an hr. and tips are my lively-hood, and I'm not going to let you get away with it without a fight. I, of course said none of the latter, but did hold customers accountable..

I try to think of people as being intrinsically good natured, myself included.. But whoa.. when you're working in a restaurant you see the animal that people are... A pack of dogs biting and tearing the energy the goodness from the good and well-meaning people who are just serving you a little food and drink... And you know, I'm sick of it. I will not be abused at work anymore.

To you disgusting drunk goombah's... I am not a sex object because I am serving you food. Don't tell me I make you salivate or that I am delicious, I'll give you rabies fucker. Just wait till I get a taser..

So what do you do? How do you dispell this darkness, this belly of anger?

Do you turn on the faucet and scream? Or write songs? Get a laser beam?

Perhaps I'll find the answers tonight. Off I go to hopefully a much better night.

No comments:

Post a Comment